Only a few dentists in the Chesapeake, VA area provide the level of precision, patient comfort and reduced recovery time afforded through the use of laser dentistry. Dr. Cappy Sinclair is among these dental healthcare providers that use laser dentistry to address periodontal disease without the pain, side effects and down time associated with traditional treatments and procedures. The Waterlase dental laser enables Dr. Sinclair to treat and repair damaged or diseased gum tissue that may have previously required oral surgery.
The Waterlase dental laser can also stimulate healthy bone regrowth when used to remove tooth enamel decay. A precision instrument, the dental laser reduces the damage to adjacent tissue or healthy tooth structure that can occur when using drills and scalpels to remove diseased tissue or decay.
Benefits of Laser dentistry:
- Avoid the use of stitches
- Perform highly precise dental services
- Minimize the risks of infection
- Minimize pain
- Inhibit blood loss
- Speed recovery time
- Immediate results
Laser Dentistry Treatment
Laser dentistry is especially useful for the treatment of gingivitis and gum disease. Our dentist in Virginia Beach VA can quickly and painlessly remove diseased tissue from the mouth and prevent the spread of infection. A dental laser can remove soft tissue, “cutting it away” without the use of a scalpel by vaporizing tissue with light energy.
Patients who experience dental anxiety often enjoy laser dentistry. Laser dentistry is less invasive, virtually painless and requires no sutures. The nature of the laser actually promotes healing and stimulates the body’s natural ability to regenerate healthy tissues.
REPaiR Laser Gum Treatment
The REPaiR procedure is an advanced treatment that we use to treat active periodontal disease. Backed by testing and scientific research, this procedure is effective at managing early, moderate and severe periodontitis. The bacteria known to cause this disease will multiple quickly if left beneath the gums lines.
It is performed in three stages: pre-surgical, surgical and post-surgical
- During the pre-surgical phase, your dentist will assess your gum disease and oral health as well as perform any necessary testing. They will also perform the initial scaling and root planing at this stage.
- During the surgical phase, your dentist will use the Waterlase dental laser to evaporate bacteria and remove diseased tissue. By using the Biolase Waterlase 2.0 laser, your dentist can reach small spaces underneath the gum line where scaling and root planing cannot reach and this will also stimulate the regeneration of bone. Using gauze, your dentist will compress the surgical site to encourage reattachment of the gums.
- During the post-surgical stage, you will let your gums heal naturally while adhering to specific and gentle at-home care.
Schedule A Consultation
If you’re interested in laser dentistry in Norfolk, Chesapeake, and Virginia Beach area, schedule an appointment with Dr. Sinclair today. He will show you how laser dentistry can address your dental concerns. Contact our office today to learn how lasers have improved our patient’s dental experience. Patient satisfaction is our number one concern so we choose to offer the most comfortable options available.