Our office is one of the few in the area to provide laser dentistry to our patients. And Coastal Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry is proud to bring this technology to our patients. Laser dentistry is extremely precise and is a way to make your treatment more comfortable and your healing time quicker. It’s a big upgrade to dentistry and dental technology.
Laser dentistry is also beneficial for patients that suffer from dental anxiety. One of the main dental anxiety triggers is the sound of a drill or other dental tools. The laser is much quieter, so it helps to put patients at ease. Treatment with the laser is also less painful than other methods of treatment. There isn’t a lot of blood and patients get to experience faster healing times. All of these things make laser dentistry an ideal choice for most patients.
Benefits of Laser dentistry:
- Avoid the use of stitches
- Perform highly precise dental services
- Minimize the risks of infection
- Minimize pain
- Inhibit blood loss
- Speed recovery time
- Immediate results
Laser Dentistry Treatment: Laser dentistry is especially useful for the treatment of gingivitis and gum disease. Patients who experience dental anxiety often enjoy laser dentistry. Laser dentistry is less invasive, virtually painless, and requires no sutures. The nature of the laser actually promotes healing and stimulates the body’s natural ability to regenerate healthy tissues.
REPaiR Laser Gum Treatment: The REPaiR procedure is an advanced treatment that we use to treat active periodontal disease. Backed by testing and scientific research, this procedure is effective at managing early, moderate, and severe periodontitis. The bacteria are known to cause this disease will multiply quickly if left beneath the gum lines.
It is performed in three stages: pre-surgical, surgical and post-surgical
- During the pre-surgical phase, your dentist will assess your gum disease and oral health as well as perform any necessary testing. They will also perform the initial scaling and root planing at this stage.
- During the surgical phase, your dentist will use the Waterlase dental laser to evaporate bacteria and remove diseased tissue. By using the Biolase Waterlase 2.0 laser, your dentist can reach small spaces underneath the gum line where scaling and root planing cannot reach and this will also stimulate the regeneration of bone. Using gauze, your dentist will compress the surgical site to encourage reattachment of the gums.
- During the post-surgical stage, you will let your gums heal naturally while adhering to specific and gentle at-home care.
Contact our office today to learn how lasers have improved our patient’s dental experience. Patient satisfaction is our number one concern so we choose to offer the most comfortable options available.
Experience Laser Dentistry in Chesapeake, Virginia
Do you think laser dentistry would be ideal for your dental care? Call us or schedule an appointment online. Our dental team will do a thorough dental examination to make sure that laser dentistry is the right choice for you.