General dentistry is at the foundation of Coastal Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry. Our goal is for all of our patients to have optimal dental health for a lifetime. Our dentist in Virginia Beach, VA offer preventive dental care for all ages. We strive to treat problems in their earliest stages by establishing a routine of dental cleanings and examinations.
You should visit our dentist office in Virginia Beach at least every six months for optimal oral health. At these visits, we will be able to identify any early signs of decay or diseases. Identifying these problems in the early stages will allow us to recommend the most conservative treatment.
New Patients are Welcome to Visit for a Dental Exam!
General Dentistry Services in Virginia Beach, VA
We offer a complete menu of preventative and general dentistry services. Nearly all procedures are performed in our Virginia Beach dental office. For some complex dental treatments, Dr. Sinclair or Dr. Reichley may collaborate with a local specialist to ensure the most positive outcomes.
Routine dental care is very important to maintaining your optimal oral and overall health. Our family dentist office in Virginia Beach is warm, welcoming, and home to a dedicated team of professionals who take the time to get to know our patients as individuals and meet their unique needs in a personalized manner.
Our general dental services include the following:
- Children’s Dentistry: We provide dental care for children that are too old to see a pediatric dentist. Services include dental sealants, exams, cleanings, and malocclusion evaluations.
- Tooth-colored dental fillings: White dental fillings are available at our dental office for patients with cavities, tooth pain from old failing fillings, and tooth decay. White fillings consist of a compound that helps prevent further decay and protects the tooth from sensitivity.
- Laser Dentistry: We are a modern dental practice that utilizes dental lasers to help us painlessly detect cavities, oral diseases, and more. We can also use dental lasers for teeth whitening procedures and gum disease treatments.
- Preventative Dental Care: General and preventive dental care go hand-in-hand. We help you prevent future oral health issues from occurring by keeping you on a dental maintenance schedule. Addressing your dental health issues early is key to prevention.
- Root Canals: Tooth pain is a huge issue for most patients. There can be many reasons why, but the most common is an unaddressed tooth cavity that reaches the nerve. That’s where a root canal can make a difference. We provide root canal procedures to alleviate your tooth pain and repair the damaged tooth.
- Teeth Cleaning: Regular brushing at home will never replace the need for professional dental cleanings. Professional dental cleanings are designed to address specific dental concerns, provide deep cleaning, and detect potential issues.
- Tooth Extractions: Our dentists provide tooth extraction services to remove troubled teeth. Impacted wisdom teeth are one example. We also help patients with teeth that are beyond saving.
Cosmetic and Restorative Dental Services in Virginia Beach, VA
A number of our patients have complex functional or cosmetic concerns and may have avoided the dentist because of fear or anxiety. Dr. Cappy Sinclair and Dr. Mark Reichley are highly trained dentists in Virginia Beach, VA, who focus on treating patients with complex dental problems and concerns such as missing teeth, damaged teeth, and crooked teeth.
We believe in treating the underlying causes of cosmetic dental concerns before performing cosmetic and restorative dentistry services. Correcting the root cause will ensure the long-term success of your cosmetic dentistry treatments. We address issues such as worn or broken teeth, missing teeth, or TMJ-related pain at Coastal Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry. We offer cosmetic dentistry and restorative procedures to return your smile to optimal health, function, and aesthetics, as well as general dentistry services to help you maintain your beautiful smile.
If these issues are left untreated, you may suffer from even more complex dental concerns. Most dental concerns are the result of underlying problems such as bite alignment, TMJ disorders, or gum disease. Restoring your dental health, then perfecting your smile is the goal for every patient. We give every patient full attention so that we can really understand their oral health goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a general dentist check-up include?
During a general dental check-up, the dentist will check your teeth for cavities and health issues and offer recommendations. If a dental hygienist is unavailable, your dentist may also clean your teeth to remove any plaque and bacteria and polish them.
What procedures can a general dentist do?
A general dentist can perform X-Rays, dental cleanings, cavity removal, root canals, and place dental crowns. In addition, they can administer oral-conscious sedation if trained and give recommendations as to what dental care you may need in the future.
What does general dentistry cover?
General dentistry covers routine dental exams, post-operative checkups, dental cleanings, fluoride treatment, cavity fillings, root canals, and minor procedures. Some general dentistry practices also offer cosmetic and restorative dental services but ensure the dentist is trained and certified to perform those types of services.
Schedule a Dental Exam Today
Our staff and dentists conveniently located in Virginia Beach, VA, are accepting new patients from Chesapeake, Suffolk, and Norfolk, VA, and surrounding communities to our family-friendly Virginia Beach dental office. To schedule an appointment, give us a call at 757-656-6368, or request an appointment online today.