At Coastal Cosmetic Dentistry in Virginia Beach, VA, we are taking this month to focus on the importance of maintaining a proper oral hygiene routine for a healthy smile. General dentist Dr. Cappy Sinclair aims to help patients obtain optimal oral health through patient-focused, high-quality dental care. Great oral hygiene helps keep dental issues like gum disease, tooth decay, and cavities at bay. To minimize the chance of developing complex dental problems, Dr. Sinclair suggests that patients practice an excellent oral hygiene routine and visit Coastal Cosmetic Dentistry at least twice a year for preventive care visits. During routine preventive care visit, Dr. Sinclair will perform a comprehensive exam. Our comprehensive exam includes:
- Examination of teeth, screening for tooth decay and fractures
- Charting of teeth and existing restorations
- Periodontal screening for signs of gum disease
- Oral cancer screening
- Digital dental x-rays as needed
- Digital bite analysis
- Examination of TMJ and jaw position
- 2-D and 3-D models for analysis and treatment planning
During a comprehensive exam, Dr. Sinclair looks for any early signs of complex problems. Catching dental problems in its earliest stages gives patients the best chance to receive conservative, effective dental treatment. Dr. Sinclair will create a treatment plan that is specific to your needs in hopes to restore function and beauty back into your smile.
To keep your smile healthy between dental visits, try following these tips to improve your oral hygiene routine.
- Brush your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes a day
- Rinse your mouth with an ADA approved mouthwash
- Use dental floss to clean between the teeth and to minimize the chance of developing cavities and gum disease
- Chew sugarless gum between meals to get rid of debris and food particles
Schedule A Visit
If you haven’t scheduled a routine preventive care exam, visit us at Coastal Cosmetic Smiles. Dr. Sincalir has years of experience addressing dental concerns and creating comprehensive treatment plans specific to your dental needs. Coastal Cosmetic Dentistry offers a range of general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services to address any dental problem you may have. Dr. Sinclair is committed to providing excellent dental care for patients of all ages. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please feel free to contact our Virginia Beach dentist office.
Posted in: Dental Hygiene